The 2009 Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery Survey examines the direction, scope and size of the electronic discovery industry in 2008.
For the seventh year, key areas of focus include:
- Size of the market
- Market growth/shrinkage
- Market trends
- Consumers and provider perspectives
Starting with the 2009 Survey, we will no longer publish rankings in the way we have done in the past. We intend to replace those rankings with:
- Dynamic and on-going profiles of electronic discovery services and software providers
- On-line research tools to assist consumers with the efforts to select appropriate providers
- Expanded analyses
We generate three versions of our report:
- Subscriber report: The full 2009 Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery Survey Report, which sells for $5,000.
- Participant report: All organizations that participated in the survey have received copies of the participant report, an abbreviated version of the subscriber report.
- Public report: The public report was published in the August 2009 issue of Law Technology News; it is available here.
The subscriber report is the full version of our 2009 Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery Survey report. At 626 pages, it is an in-depth examination of the state of the electronic discovery industry in 2008.
Structure of the Report
The 2009 subscriber report consists of an executive summary, sections addressing various aspects of the state of electronic discovery in 2008, and a section on methodology.
The report contains 63 tables and 579 figures.
Sections of the Report
The main sections of the subscriber report cover:
- Market Size & Shares
- About You (The Participants):
- Your Organization
- Your ED Agenda
- Your ED Offerings
- Your ED Offices
- Your ED Personnel
- Your ED Geographical Coverage
- Your Matters with ED
- Supported Languages
- Supported Load File Formats
- Your Disposition of ESI
- ED Providers You Use
- ED Software You Use
- Your Certifications
- Your ESI Types
- Your Security
- ED Fee Structures
- You as a Preferred Provider
- Your Connections with Others
- About the Industry
- State of the Industry
- Offerings in Greatest Demand
- Offerings in Least Demand
- Fastest Growing Offerings
- Fastest Shrinking Offerings
- Industry Strengths
- Industry Weaknesses
- Industry Growth/Shrinkage
- Impact of Changes in Legal Systems
- Who Buys ED Services
- Who Buys ED Software
- Who Buys ED SaaS
- Who Influences ED Purchases
- Who Controls
- State of the Industry
For a sample of the 2009 Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery Survey Subscriber Report, click here.
The sample contains:
- Table of Contents
- Table of Tables
- Table of Figures
Purchasing the Subscriber Report
To purchase a copy of the subscriber version of the 2009 Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery Survey report, contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (George at 651.690.1739 or Tom at 651.483.0022)
- Price: $5,000
- Format: PDF file
- Usage: Internal only; not for republication or redistribution to others
We do not sell sections of the report, only the entire report, as the report is not designed to be broken into separate, independent units.
We do not provide free or discounted copies of the subscriber report to participants. Were we to do so, we would not be able to conduct the survey at all. The survey takes about one year and many hundreds of hours to prepare.
If you would like to participate in the Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery Survey, let us know at email@example.com.